One thing that makes me love Android devices is for the facts that you can tweak it flip it until you milk it to your satisfactions. As long as Android devices are concern, they are rootable. I root my device for this most important reason, to have dominion over it completely… I don’t know about you.
This is one of the beastly device unveiled by Tecno Mobile few weeks ago, it runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box and I’m going to be showing you how to root it in easy steps.
- Absolute patience in following the steps involved
- Twrp recovery image Ported by Team Hovatek (download here)
- 3. Super SU.zip (download it here)
- 4. Unlocking the boot-loader of Tecno Phantom 6 (A6)
How Can I Root Tecno Phantom 6?
1. Copy the downloaded Super SU to both internal storage of your phone and SD card.
- 2. Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC using the guide here
3. Extract and copy the twrp recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
- 4. Unlock Tecno Phantom 6 bootloader by following the steps here
- 5. Connect the phone to your PC via USB cord while switched ON and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; remember to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging)
6. The moment your device enters fast boot, flash the recovery.img to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enterfastboot boot recovery.img
The device should automatically enter twrp recovery mode
In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY
If TWRP offers to root the phone, select NO
- 8. In TWRP recovery, tap Install
- 9. Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.76.zip and select it
- Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
Reboot the phone normally.
Once you are done, confirm if your device has been successfully rooted by installing root checker.